Rock Krawler Shocks ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rock Krawler Shocks ?

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 02-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #16
nierace
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere View Post
Just get the RE TT and bounce around on the road... OR shell out for MX6's
The MX6's don't have as much travel as the TT's...

sira4x4.net North East Offroad Club
www.carolinadriveline.com
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
nierace is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

The MX6s Im getting are " 29.5" extended and 18.82" collapsed" Says Kolak.

I hope they are good. Thats plenty of flex I'd say.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
erocksnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirsch98gc6 View Post
I live in Troy so RK is about 5 mins from my apartment. A ton of guys in the club im in run RK shocks and havent heard of a blow out or problems since. I got all 4 of em for my Long arm for $60 (local hookups)
Will you go throw eggs at their office please....Sorry, im not a big RK fan
Colorado Jeep Club Member #67

2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited...sold
erocksnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #19
kirsch98gc6
1998 ZJ 

Ya why dont i go throw eggs at the guys down there who i all know personally and took $800 off my LA kit. I suppose RK sucks so bad they have vehicle features in all the big 4wd mags All of their kits are high quality stuff and they bend over backwards for all the local guys. Im just guessing you heard they were bad, most likely from some moron that installed his kit wrong...... or are you the anomoly that ran something of theirs and broke it? Probably not

98 ZJ 4.0 8inch LA, 36 inch Iroks, Ected Lockd-Alloy USA chromo'd HP30, Aussie Lockd-Crown chromo'd-trussed D35, other goodies
kirsch98gc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:27 AM   #20
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Ya why dont i go throw eggs at the guys down there who i all know personally and took $800 off my LA kit. I suppose RK sucks so bad they have vehicle features in all the big 4wd mags All of their kits are high quality stuff and they bend over backwards for all the local guys. Im just guessing you heard they were bad, most likely from some moron that installed his kit wrong...... or are you the anomoly that ran something of theirs and broke it? Probably not
Lets see...blew 3 out of 4 shocks that came with their kit within a year, Their track bar was soo poorly designed when I flexed it out hard it actually crushed my oil pan...Theres more but that alone is enough for my not to want their stuff on my truck ever again.
Build Thread: http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//showthread.php?t=7387
AgitatedPancake's Youtube Channel
AgitatedPancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 12:08 PM   #21
GraKee99
Rapist Wit

1999 WJ 

Quote:
they bend over backwards for all the local guys.
Why don't they bend over backwards for anybody else?

WJ, WK, CJ5

Colorado Jeep Club Member #188
GraKee99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #22
nierace
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
Lets see...blew 3 out of 4 shocks that came with their kit within a year, Their track bar was soo poorly designed when I flexed it out hard it actually crushed my oil pan...Theres more but that alone is enough for my not to want their stuff on my truck ever again.
Maybe you installed it wrong.
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #23
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

yeah I installed it upside down hahaha
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
kirsch98gc6
1998 ZJ 

Jeeze i guess its a miracle that my arms are RK as well as my discos and none of its broke yet. Must be because i only drive it to the mall everyday and dont actually use it.

You guys all cry when you rip your bumper skins off, i wouldnt expect you to take any real trail damage well. Stop being web wheelers and get off your arses, go join a club and get involved in finding more legal places to wheel instead of wheeling on sketchy trails and ruining it for everyone else. The only thing most of you on this forum are good for is convincing pple that putting in a BB and 31s makes their rig badazz.

And your track bar hitting your oil pan, there isnt anything different about a RK track bar than any other one so im not really sure how that could happen....

98 ZJ 4.0 8inch LA, 36 inch Iroks, Ected Lockd-Alloy USA chromo'd HP30, Aussie Lockd-Crown chromo'd-trussed D35, other goodies
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:47 PM   #25
nierace
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Jeeze i guess its a miracle that my arms are RK as well as my discos and none of its broke yet. Must be because i only drive it to the mall everyday and dont actually use it.

You guys all cry when you rip your bumper skins off, i wouldnt expect you to take any real trail damage well. Stop being web wheelers and get off your arses, go join a club and get involved in finding more legal places to wheel instead of wheeling on sketchy trails and ruining it for everyone else. The only thing most of you on this forum are good for is convincing pple that putting in a BB and 31s makes their rig badazz.

And your track bar hitting your oil pan, there isnt anything different about a RK track bar than any other one so im not really sure how that could happen....
Yeah ok fruit cake as theres a pic of you flexing on a curb and advocating for one of the most hated vendors for ZJ/WJ parts.

I think everyone here belongs to a club or at least has gone on "official" wheeling trips. I know AP ran the rubicon, I bet you've never been even to PAP.

I think we can close this one :O
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
Unread 02-11-2008, 05:56 PM   #26
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Quote:

I forgot that fake beadlocks, no sliders, red shocks and green fenders on a truck illegally "flexing" (haha) makes you hardcore. The first part of your post also makes perfect sense, as opposed to the sarcastic sense you were trying to get. I broke all my RK SH*T on the trail, and your sitting there saying you've never broken anything while posting a pic of your truck on a curb. When I get my web host site back up and running ill get some pics of the track bars so everyone can laugh at your stupid comment about them being the same.
Unread 02-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #27
AgitatedPancake
2001 WJ 

Here this is for you.

RK 4" SA lift, this kind of flex

Leads to this

Unread 02-11-2008, 07:41 PM   #28
kirsch98gc6
1998 ZJ 

Those i guess arent good enough for ya. Been to Rausch, Mabell, and tons of other 'legal' trails in upstate NY Im part of Adirondack Jeeps, EC4WDA NE Region, and Rok- Freekz. Most of the guys that are in the first and last club that have Jeeps all have RK and dont have problems. I must be super retarded too to get Aussie to sponsor me and send me a whole axle setup to test for them. I dont have sliders because i dented the rockers before i got them so i simply stopped caring. Soon ill be cutting the entire rocker out and grafting in box steel that will connect to unibody stiffening. Im cool though RK doesnt need you guys running their stuff, they make plenty of money on people who actually want quality kits and theyre all nice guys. Did any of you ever call down and ask about your defective parts? And if you all already had negative opinions on RK why did you bother even asking about their shocks? Sounds pretty stupid to me

Unread 02-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #29
nierace
2003 WJ 

I recognizes the Mabell:

Theres alot of guys who have had bad luck with RK and received poor customer service, Greendean had some serious issues with his stuff.

I asked about the shocks because I know not all of their stuff is crap, their coils are supposed to be good for instance. That and for 50 bucks who cares.

But yeah you did come off as a bit of a ****, to each their own, hope to see you on the trails
www.ironrockoffroad.com
kolak@aol.com
Unread 02-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #30
gcjeeping
2001 WJ 

Had the 6" long arm on for 2 years, closer to 3. Have flexed it plenty in that time. haven't had a problem. Except those damn zert fittings. Wasn't many choices back then. Maybe it was just the short arm kits or the 4.7 you have. Track bar nowhere close to the pan on my 4.0. Lucky I guess

gcjeeping is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.