Rich/White Exhaust - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rich/White Exhaust

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 06-09-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
WileyRRE
1995 ZJ 

Rich/White Exhaust

I have a 95 V8 5.2 and ive been have some exhaust problems....
Its blowing white smoke that just smells of fuel and the mpg is depressing. When I put my hand to it, it gets covered in what seems like fuel, also oil smells a little like gas, i noticed today a milky/creamy fluid too in exhaust tip .. it runs and idles just fine. Now when it was shipped from the states it need a jump and the guy the was so kind to hook the terminals backwards and popped a couple fuses don't know anything about my PCM. Its throwing a Code 27 but can get a straight answer for it...

Ive done a few things to it to try and fix it but being Italy id like to see what you guys have to say before i start digging deeper and buy big parts..

New spark plugs, wires, rotor/cap
New EGR valve, just the valve not the whole system- old was blown to ****
Checked fuel rail and Injectors
Checked the injector wires all send a signal

-thanks
Parker

WileyRRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Parker , the code listed says one of the injectors isn't firing properly . I would check this out and confirm by holding a long screwderiver to the each injector , the other end to your ear , and listen for the clicks the injecter makes when firing .
Unforunately , the injector code does not specify which one .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
LordHobbit
1993 ZJ 

white smoke = coolant. Possible blown head gasket.

check the injector as well.

Good luck, these are kind of a pain to find.

Isn't red the only color a vehicle should be?
If at first you don't succeed, use more speed.
LordHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust , fuel , rich

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.