Rhino Shield on Roof and Hood - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rhino Shield on Roof and Hood

Gibson WK HEMI 3" Catback - 5 Day Special!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!

Unread 06-01-2015, 07:11 AM   #1
TCRay
1997 ZJ 

Rhino Shield on Roof and Hood

The paint on my '97 ZJ is really nice... except on the roof and hood. It is starting to peel and flake. I have considered getting the ZJ repainted on the roof and hood. The rest of the body is really sharp and in good condition, one little rust spot that has been take care of.

So I am considering also getting Rhino Shield applied to the roof and hood. Thoughts? Has anyone out there done that? What would you think are the pros and cons?

Thanks for any input. I do plan on keeping this ZJ for some years to come.

TCRay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
TCRay
1997 ZJ 

BTW, one of the reasons that I was thinking of having Rhino Shield is that the black roof and hood might have a nice contrast with the freshly painted black cladding and bumpers. I took off all of my trim and bumpers and over several days, I sanded it down and applied four coats of Krylon Fusion Satin Black and then three coats of Krylon Fusion Clear Satin. The body paint is the '97 dark tan color.
Unread 06-01-2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Godismyrock
1998 ZJ 

I've not seen anyone do it particularly just on the hood and roof, but from the sound of it with the trim black already, I think visually it would look decent. As far as practicality, you won't have to worry about scratches and things. It's really up to you, it's not going to do a whole lot for practicality, so it's more your preference of how it looks. Some people think it looks tacky, but others love it.
Godismyrock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #4
TCRay
1997 ZJ 

Thanks for the opinion! I have seen some ZJ's and CJ's fully Rhino-Shielded. To me they looked really nice, considering that they are Jeeps. To have the hood and roof done by a pro, it is $450.00. These people have a great reputation and have done many truck beds and body surfaces, but never a Jeep.

I figure over the long haul, like you said, I won't have to be concerned about any adverse wear on the top surfaces. Over time, I may have the remainder of the vehicle done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.