Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rhino lining vs Carpet

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  FearTheDentist 
#1 ·
Has anyone considered pulling the carpet in their Grand and Rhino lining it or something along the same lines?

I was daydreaming today and came up with that along with drain plugs like a Wrangler.

#3 ·
ArloGuthroJeep said:
... A couple other people have done that just to their cargo area in the back...
Anybody have pics of the that? Sounds like a decent alternative to a cargo mat.

#4 ·
What? She's only 5'2", she has to climb in...now who has the dirty mind. :D

#5 ·
I've thought of the drain plug idea, after I flooded my Jeep, and had to bail it out with a Soda Bottle. I figured you could use those plugs for boats and just drill a couple 3/8" or 1/2" wholes in the floor and plugem with the boat plugs.

#7 ·
Actually this sounds like a pretty good idea for a trail only rig, I'm sure for a DD it could have it's draw backs, I'm sure the carpeting absorbs a lot of the road noise, with a lifted 4X4 and big tires and a loud exhaust, that could get pretty noisey with no sound absorbers.

#9 ·
10achik said:
I would imagine it would be rougher on the wife's knees than carpet :D
heheheehehehe....:rofl:

I did the whole interior of my buggy in herculiner, I'll post a photo tomorrow. I'm happy with it, very durable and looks decent. Just be careful applying it and follow the directions about rolling vs. brushing. And wear gloves.

Also, Ken's right about the road noise and especially engine noise- it is MUCH louder with the carpet pulled. You also get a lot more heat from the engine and exhaust- there's a thick layer of insulation under the carpet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.