Rhino Liner for ZJ Cladding - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rhino Liner for ZJ Cladding

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiSpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 03-29-2006, 03:38 PM   #76
jailbird1818

What about Line-X? My buddy is a dealer and he offered to do it for a case of beer. Has anyone tried the Line-X?

[l_,[____],
l---L - OlllllllO-
( )_) ( )_)--)_)
jailbird1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #77
SET2JET

i'd say do it for sure
SET2JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:15 PM   #78
walter_da_jpr
4.0 Piston Skirt Victim

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird1818
What about Line-X? My buddy is a dealer and he offered to do it for a case of beer. Has anyone tried the Line-X?
I've heard only good things. I say go for it.
Unread 03-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #79
ERAUTreeTopFlye

Line-X is cool because it doesn't spray on hot like Rhino Liner. Lets you put the texture onto it that you want with the thickness that you want. Takes a day or two to dry. Problem is that they quoted meabout $600 to do it... the reason being that neither it nor Rhino liner are made to adhere to plastic. They said they way they'd do it would be to totally remove all cladding and put a coat on the entire piece so that it could sort of adhere to itself... kind of like a shell. Obviously more man hours and more spray to lay down.

Herculiner seems to be one of the better options out there unless you have boku $$ or, in the case above, know someone. I'd Line-X in a second if someone offered to do it for a case. Hell, I'd buy him two... of the good stuff.
Daytona BEach, Fl.
ERAUTreeTopFlye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #80
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

So is the general concencus that the herculiner roll on is the best to do the cladding and bumpers? I'm gonna do this sunday.
anticrombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #81
wh1te
1994 ZJ 

What about duplicolor roll on I went in to a kragen/checkers whatever you want to call it. Looking to see the small spray cans of duplicolor vs the herc kit and they didnt have any spray duplicolor but had some stuff that said I could roll it on. Is this different or is this the same as the spray stuff
custom: radiator support/ tow points
wh1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2006, 10:49 PM   #82
mr_user

As stated previously, definetly go with the roll on stuff. The spray on stuff even with quality primer doesn't adhere to the cladding well at all. Believe me, I've been there - it required touch ups every month or so. Sun would bubble it, rain would take little pieces out, and when you knocked icicles off of the paint they would remove it.

Any roll on liner will suffice, I believe I used 3/4 gallon for the entire Heep.

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 12:34 AM   #83
wh1te
1994 ZJ 

Ok will try the duplicolor roll on and let you know how it goes.
custom: radiator support/ tow points
wh1te is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:23 PM   #84
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Good deal, My tomorrow is set then!
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:45 PM   #85
Virmagicus
Headed Out West

1998 ZJ 

How about removing the cladding . I was thinking about removing mine and then going with a tuff finish . I would imagine that there are holes for the mounts . What would be a good way to plug the holes for an even finish ?

Last edited by Virmagicus; 04-15-2006 at 08:10 PM..
Virmagicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 03:49 PM   #86
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by virmagicus
How about removing the cladding . I was think about removing mine and then going with a tuff finish . I would imagine that there are holes for the mounts . What would be a good way to plug the holes for an even finish ?
When woody did his this way, he just put tape over top of the holes, and did a couple layers of liner on top of it. he says you can't even tell where the holes are.
Unread 04-15-2006, 05:31 PM   #87
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Well I just got back from Autozone. 96 dollars later I've got the herculiner kit in black. Tomorrow I'll have to pick up some acetone and a drill mixer. One final question....Cladding on, or off? If off, the what should I do about those little rivet thingys that stick out of the body?
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #88
mr_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticrombie
Well I just got back from Autozone. 96 dollars later I've got the herculiner kit in black. Tomorrow I'll have to pick up some acetone and a drill mixer. One final question....Cladding on, or off? If off, the what should I do about those little rivet thingys that stick out of the body?
Charlie, no need for the drill mixer - save the 15 bucks and stir it up by hand, it will do just fine. Also, I left the cladding on but if I could do it again I'd probably take it off. As far as the plastic rivets, you could pop those out of the body to expose small holes. Tape over the holes as Woody did, throw a few layers on, and you won't know the difference.

Good luck!
Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2006, 08:04 PM   #89
walter_da_jpr
4.0 Piston Skirt Victim

1999 WJ 

We want to see it when its all done too.
Unread 04-15-2006, 09:13 PM   #90
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh1te
Ok will try the duplicolor roll on and let you know how it goes.
Do not use the duplicolor stuff!!! It is definately not durable enough. I did the spray on inside a small trailer and cardboard boxes rubbed it off. I just did the roll on stuff on my sliders, 3 coats and after moving them around the backyard a few times there are huge flakes missing and chips - terrible products. I have the herc kit and will be doing the sliders over as well as where the cladding was and I'm thinking about the ARB as well. We'll see

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.