Rhino Liner for ZJ Cladding - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rhino Liner for ZJ Cladding

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 07-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #16
CunningLinguist

Here you go...

Rhino lining or duplicolor will not crack. Just keep it moist with tire shine or armor-all UV protectant every few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #17
JdawgZJ

those are nice =D although my bumpers arnt in that good of shape so it prolly wouldnt look too good
[COLOR=Red][/COLOR][URL=http://myspace-196.vo.llnwd.net/00212/69/11/212361196_l.jpg][COLOR=navy][B][SIZE=3]Me[/SIZE][/B][/color][/URL] (updated 9/05/05 lol)
[B][COLOR=Red]Red Jeep Club member #256[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
JdawgZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #18
Buck89
2004 WJ 

Did you use some kind of primer for it with the duplicolor spray? Because I emailed duplicolor wanting to do this myself and they told me that the spray would not work on the plastic.
Buck89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #19
walter_da_jpr
4.0 Piston Skirt Victim

1999 WJ 

Its probably not recomended to work on that plastic so they don't want you to complain if it does work out properly.

WALTER
Unread 07-08-2005, 08:23 PM   #20
theone13

I used the duplicolor stuff a few months ago and I love the look. I didn't use Herc on it because I didn't want something that thick, plus the ease of application of the spray on duplicolor. I took the bumper covers off and left the rest on so I could spray in between all the cladding and get rid of all the white lines.

'95 ZJ Laredo 4.0L 4x4 : Stolen

kevinsoffroad.com
theone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #21
JdawgZJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone13
I used the duplicolor stuff a few months ago and I love the look. I didn't use Herc on it because I didn't want something that thick, plus the ease of application of the spray on duplicolor. I took the bumper covers off and left the rest on so I could spray in between all the cladding and get rid of all the white lines.

lemme knwo how long until you see a scratch or when it peels Im seriously thinkin of doin this
[COLOR=Red][/COLOR][URL=http://myspace-196.vo.llnwd.net/00212/69/11/212361196_l.jpg][COLOR=navy][B][SIZE=3]Me[/SIZE][/B][/color][/URL] (updated 9/05/05 lol)
[B][COLOR=Red]Red Jeep Club member #256[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
JdawgZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2005, 10:01 PM   #22
KWAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningLinguist
Here you go...

Rhino lining or duplicolor will not crack. Just keep it moist with tire shine or armor-all UV protectant every few weeks.
Thats Nice!
KWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 03:31 AM   #23
CunningLinguist

While i was in upstate NY last here i hit the local walmart for the first time and bought the huge paint can of duplicolor. I think i walked out with the whole duplicolor range, the touch up pens, heat paint etc!
I used the bedliner on a friends old YJ to line the entire tub and i was impressed with the finish. It is alot better than rhinolinings, which has a bubbly look to it. You cant see it in my posted pictures but up close it is a mess.

Anyway that was my first time in a walmart.

dudes i was amazed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2005, 04:11 PM   #24
theone13

Well I just noticed today that it has flaked off a little off the rear bumper. I've been moving this past week so the ZJ has been in charge of moving a lot of stuff and all the wear and tear on it has taken it's toll. It has also rubbed off of the front bumper in a few spots. I just think I didn't put it on thick enough. But no matter what the cause it's not really a big deal, I'll buy another $5 can and fix it and make it look brand new.

kevinsoffroad.com
Unread 07-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #25
MidniteSquirrel

the guys over at LockitupOffroad seem to think the Duplicolor is complete trash.

Of course, this might be due to applying it to a different surface type, and that it's done to their tubs where it gets a high traffic of feet and such... while the cladding on a jeep is just being scratched occasionally, and deals with road dirt/salt...

BB+UC 3.5" lift | K&N FIPK | Armor/Tow points |
265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer S/Ts
MidniteSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:20 AM   #26
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

I've got the Herculiner kit in the garage now, but haven't decided on leaving the cladding on or off. I'm not going to have front or rear plastic once I get Kevin's bumpers on, so was thinking of going entirely "nude" and rely on the thicker coating of the roll on stuff (I've done the tubs of my CJ and YJ with the thicker stuff, and really like it over the spray-on). Plus, then I could go around the wheel wells.

Thoughts?
Unread 07-13-2005, 10:34 AM   #27
rrubio
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

I used the duplicolor on my blue WJ and it turned out pretty damn good if I do say so myself.
rrubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2005, 11:33 AM   #28
01grander

Theres some sort of bonder that those shops use b/c i called and they gave me the name i just forget now. Someone should call up to a local shop, get a quote, and ask what primer they use. If you put the primer on itll be a lot less likely to come off i would think. Cunnings jeep looks awesome w/ it painted that way im not sure mine will ever look right that way. Kinda have an interesting color but doesnt look right for an offroad rig.
Plenty of Hellas.
01grander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #29
mr_user

Hey all,

I decided to bite the bullet today, and I applied Duplicolor Bedliner Spray to all the plastic on the Jeep. I think it came out amazing, as 2 hours of labor and 26 bucks in supplies beats paying Line-X 600 for everything.

I will have some pics up soon, but I highly reccomend doing this it looks amazing. I applied 3 coats in total and it seems pretty thick, though only time will tell. Worst case scenario just apply another can down the road. I did not remove any bumper covers, and it came out just fine. I taped off the fog lights and put newspaper in front of the radiator up front, and in the rear I just took my time taping off lighting, trunk gaskets, etc.

Word of advice, buy the widest blue tape possible and on the sides, tape down some newspaper on the door panels. As careful as you are, the reality is you will get some overspray and when you pull the tape off it is a very defined line. Some paint thinner and elbow grease worked just fine, but it would be easier to just tape it off completely at first.

Pics are coming soon!
Matt

New: '02 WJ Limited 4.7L, Stock for now
mr_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #30
theone13

Congrats! Makes the old Jeep look a lot better doesn't it?

kevinsoffroad.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.