Rhino Lined under jeep, cant tell type of lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rhino Lined under jeep, cant tell type of lift

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #1
elihruby
1996 ZJ 

Rhino Lined under jeep, cant tell type of lift

I recently purchased a 96 grand cherry from a dealership. The previous owner rhino lined/linexed under the jeep. The problem is that i need a new trac-bar and i cant tell the size or brand of the lift kit to get a replacment. Is there anything or anyplace i can go to figure this out or am I completley screwed?

elihruby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'm trying imagine how hard it's going to be to replace anything under there unless the taped every bolt and nut.

Sent from Billy.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

If you can measure the track bar that may help if you call a supplier they should have specs on their bars. You might also try and measure a stock one to see how much taller yours is or look at a lift and tire size chart and march it up that way.

Sent from Billy.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2011, 09:04 PM   #4
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

Determine how much lift you have by measuring from center of wheel hub to bottom of fender. Stock ZJ should be 18"- 18 1/2". Purchase and install adjustable trackbar for specified lift height.
Unread 08-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Pictures help when asking for visual id help.

There are a few different options for track bar types. Take a look at yours and browse the popular manufacturers websites till you find it.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2011, 12:04 AM   #6
MilwaukeeZJ
1998 ZJ 

this makes me want to rhino-line/bedline/undercoat the bottom of my ZJ...
i love my jeep, hookah, and women. :D
MilwaukeeZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
lift kit , rhino line , trac bar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.