reset check engine light? 95 ZJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > reset check engine light? 95 ZJ

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
phishy
1995 ZJ 

reset check engine light? 95 ZJ

I see all sorts of threads on checking trouble codes...and i've replaced my 02 sensor, intake air temp sensor, map sensor and fixed a vacuum line for the EGR which should take care of all of my codes. I've disconnected the battery and that didn't do reset the light...so is there a different way?

phishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

if that didn't reset the light then it thinks you've still got broken sensors. check the codes and post em

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

doesnt it have to go thru a certain number of key cycles to reset?
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
doesnt it have to go thru a certain number of key cycles to reset?
if you fixed it and just let it go. if you disconnect the battery it should clear all memory within a few minutes.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
phishy
1995 ZJ 

It turns out there was still a bad sensor. The intake air temp sensor i replaced like 8 months ago was bad again. I replaced it and the check engine light went right on off. Jeep is running so much better now. No more surge in the idle. Also had a bad battery...was having some weird starting issues. Sometime today I'm going to do an oil change and a tune up...and flush the cooling system out.
phishy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.