replacing rear window glass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > replacing rear window glass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-16-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
wickerham
1993 ZJ 

replacing rear window glass

One of my first posts on here was "how to remove old tint". You see the stealership did a crap job removing the purple junk the previous owner had on. They got all but the rear glass removed. They peeled the rear tint up and only one layer came off. Months later now, I'm still "chipping" away at this ugly, blurry, purple mess on my back glass. Well, I've had more than enough!
How hard is it to remove rear glass from my "donor" 95 ZJ then install it on my 93 ZJ? I'd like the defrosters to still function. Both rear windows DO have them.

wickerham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
driabyor
1994 ZJ 

they probably left it on so they would screw up the defroster grid...
driabyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #3
j.love
1994 ZJ 

you need to find a source for the rubber seal. when you find a cheap source, let me know.
then just cut the rubber from the outside and the glass will fall out.

I did the side windows on 2 part outs, same rubber as the rear hatch, still have them sitting on the shelves. But, I cut them from the inside between the body and the rubber seal. what a pain in the butt! If I have to do it again, I will just cut the seal off. and then peal the used seal off the body once the glass is out.

the defoger strips have a wire connector that is easily removed once you look at it you will see that its no sweat to deal with.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.