Originally Posted by citRon
Anyone got a good link to instructions or a write up on replacing the power door lock actuator on a door?
My driver's side front door doesn't lock/unlock with the remote, but the other three do 100%. It used to move about 1/4" when I hit the button, then it died altogether. I have the interior panel off to replace it with one that someone didn't chew on, so I'm going to replace the actuator while I'm in there- going to the junkyard tomorrow.
With all the rods and such, I want to do it right the first time. My Haynes manual is useless for this...
The only real pain in doing this is releasing the rod latches, 2 of them can be rather difficult to get out if you don't have small hands so tools to get in there might be required and you will have to manipulate the assembly out of the door panel once its all free, be patient and you will get it!!!
From the factory service manual regarding the door latch.
FRONT DOOR LATCH
(1) Remove door trim panel and waterdam.
(2) Remove door latch retaining screws (Fig. 18).
(3) Disconnect all rods from door latch (Fig. 19).
(4) Disconnect wire connector, if equipped.
(5) Remove door latch from door.
(1) Reverse removal procedure. Tighten latch
screws to 10 N·m (95 in. lbs.) torque.