Replacing my coolant reservoir... again!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replacing my coolant reservoir... again!!!!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
silent35
1997 ZJ 

Replacing my coolant reservoir... again!!!!

Okay.. third time i've ordered this part from 3 different companies and its all the same product!!!!! I dont know if its me or what.. but i know the 96/97 share the same parts on something like i know my sunroof is a 97 but uses 96 parts... the reservoir i ordered doesnt fit but everytime i search for it it says its this part.. is it me or am i missing something???[IMG] [/IMG]

silent35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just go to a pull a part and get one for cheap. The one near Nellis has a bunch of ZJ's.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
silent35
1997 ZJ 

yeah i was contemplating on doing that first... figured i try to get a new one first... so Polka you live in vegas an have a 98? does you ZJ overheat with the AC on? I have to keep my off or it goes up to 230.
Unread 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent35 View Post
yeah i was contemplating on doing that first... figured i try to get a new one first... so Polka you live in vegas an have a 98? does you ZJ overheat with the AC on? I have to keep my off or it goes up to 230.
I don't live there anymore but my 5.9 never overheated even with the a/c blasting on full. It did heat up when I had air trapped in the system but after I burped it all out it was back to normal. After I separated the transmission cooler from the radiator with an aux cooler both the motor and trans ran cooler even. You have some kind of issue going on. Maybe a weak fan, air in the system, bad radiator cap, or something. Can't tell from here. I do miss Vegas though. Maryland sucks.
Unread 06-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
silent35
1997 ZJ 

I took a trip to Nelsons landing on the river the other day and my jeep overheated. was at 230 and the coolant in the reservoir was boiling over and cracked it. Ive never had it flushed so i think i might do that.
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent35 View Post
I took a trip to Nelsons landing on the river the other day and my jeep overheated. was at 230 and the coolant in the reservoir was boiling over and cracked it. Ive never had it flushed so i think i might do that.
If you have never replaced any of the hoses then I would do them all and don't forget the coolant return hose either. It would suck to pop a hose someplace off road out there or even on the highway with temps over 100.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.