Replaced water pump on 94 zj and still leaking - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replaced water pump on 94 zj and still leaking

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-29-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
ibxubo
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Replaced water pump on 94 zj and still leaking

Just recently replaced the water pump and coolant is now leaking from the heat bypass hose. The o-ring was replaced but it is still leaking. Any suggestions?

ibxubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
Candymancan
1998 ZJ 

You pushed n the heater hose the wrong way.. That o ring is shredded that is why its leaking... It needs to be pushed in gently and at the perfect angle it will just pope right in without any force... and using a little lube like butter will help.. Trust me if you push it in at the slightest wrong angle itll tear that o ring up... Those o rings are special too you can only find them in water pump boxes or on the By pass tube they sell in the HELP section in advance auto or autozone..

Try it again but like I said push the metal tube in perfectly center it should basicly slide in easy.. no force really needed... garuntee when you pull it that o ring will have a piece missing on it
Candymancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
ibxubo
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Yes the o-ring was shredded so I put a new one on and no more leaking. Thank you.
ibxubo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.