Replaced fuel filter now hard to start - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replaced fuel filter now hard to start

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #1
Bchain5
1995 ZJ 

Replaced fuel filter now hard to start

So I replaced my old fuel filter with a new drive works fuel filter. I have double checked and ik that it is facing right direction. Jeep will start and run but takes really long turns 2-3x for it to start up?

Bchain5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
jm8881
1996 ZJ 

Check for a leak in any of the lines too and from the filter. The tiniest leak (even one that doesn't have a noticeable drip) will allow air into the lines and lower the fuel pressure and make it harder to start. Other than that I am not a fan of drive works anything.
jm8881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2014, 09:21 PM   #3
firsttimeZJ13
1995 ZJ 

Did you by chance loosen the gas cap and forget to tighten it back? I may have done that before..
Unread 06-14-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
Bchain5
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm8881 View Post
Check for a leak in any of the lines too and from the filter. The tiniest leak (even one that doesn't have a noticeable drip) will allow air into the lines and lower the fuel pressure and make it harder to start. Other than that I am not a fan of drive works anything.
Alright I'll check that and has cap in the morning!

So I checked cap was definitely on. I made sure lines were snug on filter as they could be and seemed tight as possible, so after checking that it didn't take as long to crank but still was hard to start. Once I started it I couldn't feel any air hissing out.

Last edited by Bchain5; 06-15-2014 at 10:04 AM..
Bchain5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.