Replace Serpentine Belt on '93 Grand Cherokee ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replace Serpentine Belt on '93 Grand Cherokee ??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 05-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
thomast

Replace Serpentine Belt on '93 Grand Cherokee ??

I've got a 1993 Grand Cherokee with the in-line six cylinder. I'm trying to remove the old serpentine belt and replace with a new one. I don't belive this engine has the automatic tensioners, so the belth has to be removed by taking loose the power steering pump. I've found the long tensioning bolt under the power steering, and backed it nearly all the way out after loosening the lock nut under the pump. I've loosened what I thought to be the pivot bolt on the top of the pump, but still can't get the pump to move to release the old belt. What exactly is the procedure for getting this danged thing off....??? Thanks in advance for any help!

thomast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
driabyor
1994 ZJ 

there are 3 bolts.....2 that hold the pump , and one that adjusts the pump
driabyor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 12:32 AM   #3
stealthzj
1994 ZJ 

two words... Haynes Manual.
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:34 AM   #4
2007GTCS
1995 ZJ 

+1 to both posts above. There are 2 pivot bolts...I'm pretty sure you've already loosened the upper one...there's another one right underneath it. Also, get the Haynes manual...it's cheap and has step by step instructions with pictures on how to do this and a whole bunch of other things. Make sure you route the new belt properly!
2007GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

There are 4 bolts to loosen (2 in the front& 2 in the back) and then the additional long adjuster bolt will be able to move things.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.