Replace Cooling fan module - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Replace Cooling fan module

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 09-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #1
tpleiman

Replace Cooling fan module

Can anyone provide a link or post on how to replace the cooling fan module in a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6? My fan continued to run even after car was off. I replaced the relay and everything seemed good for a week or so. Now again my fan will not shut off. I assume the relay is bad again.

After some research, sounds like I should try replaceing my cooling fan module. I read that my current fan may be drawing too many amps causing the relays to go bad?? Any thoughts??
I want to attemt to replace myself if you think this is my next best option??

Thanks, if possible please provide a link or post on how to replace fan.

tpleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
mikes3860
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The fan is running because something is tell it to. The relay maybe stuck but it's not likely. If you think it's the relay try swapping it with another one in the power distribution center. From what I have seen in the past it is the TIPM.
mikes3860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes3860 View Post
The fan is running because something is tell it to. The relay maybe stuck but it's not likely. If you think it's the relay try swapping it with another one in the power distribution center. From what I have seen in the past it is the TIPM.
The WJ has a special fan relay located under the passenger headlight, it is not one of the relays in the power distrib center.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2009, 11:41 PM   #4
sprocket1200
2001 WJ 

fan relay is super easy to replace. search and just follow the directions about drilling the hole under the headlight.

the relays from caravans and grand caravans work. i just went to junk yard and got them super cheap.
sprocket1200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.