remove blinker assy - how - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > remove blinker assy - how

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-13-2002, 08:47 PM   #1
mnjeepster

remove blinker assy - how

The bulb is burnt out. I only found 1 screw under the hood on top....help -passenger side

mnjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
Drafter75

Assuming that your talking about the turn signal bulb on a 93-98 ZJ...

The turn signal and headlight housings are separate assemblies. You don't need to remove the headlight. The turn signal assembly has a couple of screws along the top of the housing.

These are not easy to see or get to because there's not much of a gap between the headlight and signal housings. It's a p-poor design. You need to wedge something between the two housings and GENTLY pry them apart so you can get a driver in to those screws.

It's been a long time since I've changed one of these bulbs and I can't remember if there are any other screws holding the housing in place, so you'll have to look for any others. All I remember was that it was a royal pain to get at the screws I mentioned.
[b]Have you hugged your Jeep today?[/b]
Drafter75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2002, 01:41 PM   #3
ski zj

ok design, but as Drafter75 noted - kinda tricky to find;

there are two Torx screws holding in each of the two turn signal housings.

the Corner Marker/turn signal Housing is held by one on top, under the corner of the hood - which you've already found,
the second is squeezed in under the bottom edge of the corner marker housing.

the Front Running Lamp/turn signal Housing may now be removed by removal of the two screws accessed from the upper inside cavity, where the corner marker was positioned.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.