Remote starter FOB help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Remote starter FOB help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wd

Unread 04-28-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
a70eliminator

Remote starter FOB help

My newly purchased JZ has a remote starter, the seller showed it to me at the last minute before I bought it.
I was so excited to get the heep that I wasn't paying much attention, now I'm at home trying to figure out how to work the FOB.
It has 5 buttons, one small one on the side and 4 on the front touch pad, theres a lock symbol, an unlock symbol, an open hood symbol and a star symbol.
I'm wondering how the thing works and what about accidental pocket starting? If anyone has one please chime in here.

a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
5-centlaredo
1995 ZJ 

I've got an auto page remote star on my zj. the star starts the car. On mine when I press and hold the star my parking lights go on then off when starting and after the computer cycle of locking the doors, and the normal lights coming on, whatever the jeep does. Then parking lights come back on while running,

It should turn off after 10 or twenty mins, depends what it's set on, and yes I've started my jeep inside my house with my keys in my pocket lol.
5-centlaredo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
5-centlaredo
1995 ZJ 

M
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:57 AM   #4
a70eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-centlaredo View Post
I've got an auto page remote star on my zj. the star starts the car. On mine when I press and hold the star my parking lights go on then off when starting and after the computer cycle of locking the doors, and the normal lights coming on, whatever the jeep does. Then parking lights come back on while running,

It should turn off after 10 or twenty mins, depends what it's set on, and yes I've started my jeep inside my house with my keys in my pocket lol.
Thanks, mine starts if you hold the star or press three times fast, the locks do not operate, nothing but the start, wondering if it needs a program or something, the original key FOB works fine.
Does you remote system have a kill switch or anything like a hidden toggle switch somewhere inside the jeep?
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:28 AM   #5
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Out of interest, why do people refer to it as a "FOB", capital letters, as if it's an acronym? I've seen this in a few places. It's just a normal word, "fob", meaning a small ornament attached to a key or watch chain.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:52 AM   #6
a70eliminator

Oh, I didn't know any better and thought it was an acronym, didn't know what it stood for. Thanks for the insight now I know.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
5-centlaredo
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a70eliminator

Thanks, mine starts if you hold the star or press three times fast, the locks do not operate, nothing but the start, wondering if it needs a program or something, the original key FOB works fine.
Does you remote system have a kill switch or anything like a hidden toggle switch somewhere inside the jeep?
On mine I have a spring loaded switch. So the only time I can not use the key fob is when the hood is open. I would try to figure out what brand. On the auto page web site they have all the information about them I know. There is prolly a lil box right by your rear view, in the steering column also if your fob does not have the brand on there.
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
ROFLwaffles
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a70eliminator View Post
Yeah, it's called the brake pedal. hehe. I have a Clifford system in mine, but it is really not that different. The second you touch the brake pedal without the key in the 'on' position in the ignition it should shut down.
ROFLwaffles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.