remote keyless entry - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > remote keyless entry

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 12-31-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
automan25

remote keyless entry

Does anyone know where to purchase a remote keyless entry transmitter in the aftermarket? The dealer wants 135 bucks for one I have a 93 limited with the infared type transmitter.

automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2002, 11:02 PM   #2
MJR

Keep in mind that 93's are a split year for the keyless entry system. Early 93's had the one button non-programmable remotes that have to be ordered by the code that is on the receiver. Late 93's have the two button programmable remote. I don't know exactly what build date the split was though.
Unread 01-01-2003, 03:17 AM   #3
automan25

Thanks for the tip. My jeep uses the 2 button remote.
automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2003, 12:54 PM   #4
MJR

You can find them on Ebay usually. The same one was used on Cherokees (XJ) also from 94-96. On ZJ's it was used from late 93-95. I know that there is someone who makes aftermarket ones but they don't look the same. You might try at www.nagca.com .

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.