Relocated my charcoal canister, with pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Relocated my charcoal canister, with pics

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 09-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #1
melk
1996 ZJ 

Relocated my charcoal canister, with pics

Finally relocated my charcoal can and got it tucked away in the corner. Just had to unscrew the windshield washer fluid tub and wedge it back in there. No real trouble routing the lines. Also trimmed up the big vent tube. Didn't really seem to need like 12" inches of it, lol. No CEL

I had actually pulled it from the original location a while ago and had it just laying up in the engine bay, super ghetto so this is sooo much better.

I actually tried removing it altogether when I had first moved it, hooked the siphon line running back to the gas tank up to the vac fitting on the manifold... Hey it's a learning experience! It did run but soo rough and stumbling so that was a no.

Pulled off the line so that nothing was connected... Again ran rough but I figured I could probably unhook the battery and let the computer relearn... But that left an open vac connector sucking in air... Ok so I'll just cover it... Put my finger over it and the engine dies immediately??? I don't really understand why?

In any case everything is all hooked up proper, just in a new location!

melk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
ISUzj
2005 WK 

yay!!!
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I see not the pictures you speak of. I am curious though, what it looks like and how you secured it.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.