Relay In Kick Panel Wont stop Clicking!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Relay In Kick Panel Wont stop Clicking!!

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
silent35
1997 ZJ 

Relay In Kick Panel Wont stop Clicking!!

So, recently my turn signal and hazard lights have been deciding to crap out on me lately. So I decided to try and find the Flasher relay. Which is seriously Pissing me off because I still haven't found it. I'm guess its the relay i swapped out because its the only one clicking when i turn both of them on. Anyways. Once I replaced it, the new one will NOT stop clicking but now the turn signal and hazard lights both work. Im stumped. I have no clue why it wont stop clicking. Anyone have any reason why? Im not even sure if the thing i replaced is the flasher at all. Seeing how my Haynes repair manual doesn't tell me nor my handbook.

Picture #1 is where I think the Flasher is. I already took it out.
Picture #4 is the replacement i bought from Autozone. Standard EP27 Relay.
Picture #5 is the one I took out. This is the relay I traced the sounds form when it worked at one point. Im guessing this is the Flasher Relay. not quite sure.
Picture #6 Im not sure what goes in this spot, its always been blank since I bought it. Im curious if anything goes there?

20130203_222809.jpg   20130203_222844.jpg   20130203_222816.jpg   20130203_223638.jpg   20130203_223825.jpg  

20130203_222921.jpg  
silent35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 05:51 AM   #2
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

EP27 flasher works with LED lamps and may be sensitive to the small loading created by the VIC Turn Signal Monitor feature. To test this, unplug the VIC rear connector, see if your flasher stops clicking.

If this works, you could snip the OR/BK wire on VIC Pin#4.

Other option is to buy an OEM flasher.

Missing relay is for export Power Antenna...

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
silent35
1997 ZJ 

Do you happen to have the full scematic for the kick pannel?
silent35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.