Regulator/motor change - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Regulator/motor change

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

So today at work I forgot to roll my window all the way up and it rained quite a bit. I believe it ruined the window motor because it won't go up and down but I can hear the switch working.

Now I figured I'd replace both because before the motor died the window would bounce around in the frame.

I'm not sure if that means that the regulator is bad or there is other problems with the window?

I'd like to do the job myself is it easy? I can't seem to find any instructions or write ups about it. Thanks

Unread 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #2
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Not especially easy. If it was bouncing then the rollers in the regulator are probaly shot. You'll be pulling the door panel and waterdam and the glass channel run. Hopefully you can get to the fasteners that will allow you to remove the window. After that you just need to get the regulator attachment points loose. I tried to post some images that would help you but something is preventing me from doing that.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
jtackerman28
1997 ZJ 

I'm gonna get a quote from a place in town if its less then 200 ill have them do it but I'd like to save the money.

If you do get the pictures to happen I'd really appreciate it. I've searched and haven't came up with much

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.