Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Regearing for 32s

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  311LJ 
#1 ·
I was wondering if I should go 411s or 456s with a 2004 wj w/ 4.0 dana 30 + 35?
It feels sluggish and I basically drive on the highway with overdrive off.
I believe the stock gear set is 355... so 2000 rpm at 60mph.

I don't think I am adding any more lift or larger tires in the near future.

any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
i rocked 456 with 32'' till i got my 33''.. was fine for me.

#4 ·
Another vote for 4.56's. I ran them with my 32's and 4.0 for a few months before getting 33's. The RPM's were a tad high on the HWY at 80mph, but around town and climbing hills, the extra gearing was very nice.

#12 · (Edited)
im going with 4.11s for my setup, and running 32's possibly in the future...i feel for highway driving 4.56 will be too low and will kill your mpg...

you're gonna need a new carrier for your D30 if you have stock 3.55 gears...not sure if you knew because i totally forgot at first..

#13 ·
i'd go with 4.11's if on 32's..

i still have my 3.73's on 33's and the other night my evic said i got 15.9 mpg average on the freeway that night.. which with my tire size difference is actually better than that.. but when i re-gear i imagine my freeway milage will go down but around town it will go up, since my jeep wont have to struggle to start out at stop lights as much.. (not that it struggles... still can beat a ricer with east at the light ;) ha ha)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.