Recommendations wanted 4 exhaust system - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Recommendations wanted 4 exhaust system

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #16
Airborn
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJMTL View Post
I don't know what to say as for the tailpipe but you can probably move it if you check the hangars.

As for a muffler replacement, I was running a Dynomax Super Turbo for a while; it was cheap and sounded nice but had a bit of drone. Didn't sound like a V8 but gave the Jeep more of an aggressive tone than stock.

Yesterday I upgraded to a Dynomax Ultra Flow SS. The muffler is straight through but actually has 0 drone inside, and sounds a lot better. Idle is pure V8 bliss, and driving is much more defined, but not too loud. I would compare the sound to a Flowmaster 70, but with a more aggressive sound when revved. I will not be changing setups again. You'll never get a V8 tone with an I6 but this is a great compromise.
Those ultra flo ss do sound very good. With the flowmaster 40s you get a raspy sound at higher rpms, from youtube it sounds like you dont with the ultra flo

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L : 172,xxx miles, IRO 3.5" F>R lift, IRO Adjustable Control Arms, IRO Adjustable Track Bars, 31" Goodyear Wrangler Authority on Cragar V5's, Pavement Pounder until I get out of college :( ...Built Not Bought #650
Spend the Time and the Money the 1st Time, You'll End Up Doing it Anyway.
Airborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2012, 06:00 AM   #17
ZJMTL
1996 ZJ 

I don't ever drive past 2500 but revving it sounds mean and not raspy at all at around 4000, although you still get a little bit of that "hollow" flowmaster sound, which I think it pure badass. Around town it's fine just cruising and the idle is mean!!!
ZJMTL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1997 zj , exhaust system , grand cherokee , jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.