Recommend 2" bb. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Recommend 2" bb.

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 09-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Jake_A

Recommend 2" bb.

Looking to grab a 2" bb and shocks to go with it, anyone have any favorites?

Im guessing all spacers are about the same, but what shocks would you suggest? Keeping the shocks around $50-60ea ($200-$250 for the set)

Yes, I plan to play offroad with it, if it was going to be a mall crawler id just grab the spacers and call it good.

Unread 09-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Email Kolak, He will hook you u up. What I used and most people will recommend for a 2in bb is bilstein shocks. They ride really nice, but if your shocks have about 160,000 miles on them like mine did then anything will ride better
Unread 09-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #3
Jake_A

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodenz View Post
Email Kolak, He will hook you u up. What I used and most people will recommend for a 2in bb is bilstein shocks. They ride really nice, but if your shocks have about 160,000 miles on them like mine did then anything will ride better
They have about 190 on them, its time to replace them.
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #4
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Not all BB's are the same. Some use poly spacers. These can get compressed over time. Mine are solid and work great. And yes, Blistein shocks are the way to go. Though It's been 2 years with my stock shocks without a problem.
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:24 AM   #5
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

I had to look it up again. But the ones I have are made from a material called Delrin.
Unread 09-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #6
RagTagSoldier
1996 ZJ 

Kolak can get you a good price on the rubi xpress kit. Decent shocks. Unlike nitros which are universal the rubicon express shocks are gassed specifically for the zj. Think I paid 220 shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum so it probably looks goofy.
RagTagSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #7
Kolak
Vendor

I have a nice 2" BB kit that's a true 2". Many of the kits are actually 1.75".

And of course I have shocks available as well.

Send me a PM and we'll chat.
kolak@aol.com or kolak@kolakperformance.com
Kolak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #8
kodenz
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolak
I have a nice 2" BB kit that's a true 2". Many of the kits are actually 1.75".

And of course I have shocks available as well.

Send me a PM and we'll chat.
A friend of mine and I were talking about this today. He asked me why my zj sits taller than his. When I installed the bb he bought I measured the pucks and they were only 1.75in. Not to mention I have the UC package also. still kinda lame to pay for something thinking its one thing and get something else.
So message Kolak for the best prices around and a true 2in bb if you haven't yet
Unread 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugulis View Post
I had to look it up again. But the ones I have are made from a material called Delrin.
Delrin is some tough stuff for certain applications. Several years ago, I was given a box of 144 Delrin .55 mm guitar picks by a luthier ( custom guitar maker) who made and customized several guitars for the Eagles. I fell in love with them back then and now, they are pretty much the standard in guitar picks. It's hard to tear them up, although they DO wear...they just dont break.

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."

Stalling? Work through Zeejay's list
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.