Recall?? 93-98 ZJs?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Recall?? 93-98 ZJs??

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 02-15-2002, 10:17 AM   #1
fReAkY_dIvEr

Recall?? 93-98 ZJs??

I just recently heard that there is a recall in effect for 93-98 ZJs because of the transmission shifting into reverse on its own at inopportune times. Has anyone heard anything about this or anything like it (I only caught the tail end of the report on NightLine so I can't say for sure that this is indeed what I heard).

Thanks in advance!

fReAkY_dIvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2002, 08:32 AM   #2
Howler

If it is the same one they investigated in the last year then it is about it shifting into reverse because it does not fully engage into park. You can bring it to a dealer and find out if you need the recall but a good check is if you have to put your foot on the brake to switch into park I believe you are OK.
Hope that helps.
Howler
Unread 02-18-2002, 11:51 AM   #3
fReAkY_dIvEr

Thanks - thats what I was thinking as well. I noticed you have your own company (looks like doing budget boosts of some kind???) - do you have a webiste? And if you do indeed build BB's, I've got a quick question. I've heard that BBs are really bad on shocks and springs? Is this true??

Thanks!
fReAkY_dIvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2002, 11:17 PM   #4
FightClub777

here is the details of the recall:
Recall
K&N FIPK II, Mopar Performance ECU, Magnecor wires, Accel coil, Brass cap & rotor, Autolite 3923 plugs, Rebuilt Alternator, Optima Blue Top, Tint to match rear, Pioneer head unit, Remote 1 Steering wheel interface control, Boston Pro Series component speakers, 12" sub, MTX amps.
[b]Mods in the works[/b]: Mike Leach Headers w/ Jet Hot coating, Car-Sound Converter, Flowmaster 70 Series muffler, Mike Leach tailpipe, Angelus plating tip, Kolak Lighting Harness, Robert Shaw Gen II 180 T-Stat
------------------
93 White 5.2 Ltd. ZJ
------------------
bone stock (except for the BFG AT tires) ... Possible Off-road project?? hmmm...interesting :D:D
FightClub777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2002, 07:47 PM   #5
Howler

Quote:
Originally posted by fReAkY_dIvEr:
Thanks - thats what I was thinking as well. I noticed you have your own company (looks like doing budget boosts of some kind???) - do you have a webiste? And if you do indeed build BB's, I've got a quick question. I've heard that BBs are really bad on shocks and springs? Is this true??

Thanks!
Sorry I don't get to check back that often. No I don't have a web site right now. I've just started this company and am still trying to get all my affairs in order. These bugget boost I have been doing some for friends for about a year. As for hurting you shock and coils I don't think so. Basicaly all your doing is putting a spacer on top of your coils which in turn raises your vehicle. The shocks can be changed but that is not nessesary. I have been runing stocck shocks for a year with this lift and have not had any problems at all. The only thing is to get a front end alignment done to be on the safe side and to save you tire wear also.
Hope that helps.
For more info e-mail me at 97zj@altavista.com

Howler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.