Reasons for the Deathwobble... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Reasons for the Deathwobble...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Tigggger
1995 ZJ 

Reasons for the Deathwobble...

Had one yesterday while being the DD. It woulda been bad to get in a crash with a drunk in the back who I think was about to puke. I notice that it's only happened after a real nice mudding session.

Tigggger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Tigggger
1995 ZJ 

Found it, nevermind lol
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/death-wobble-cured-124861/
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

hey man you could just have some mud and debris stuck in the inside ring of your wheels, any misbalance of your wheels from mud ,dirt and debris collected while off roading may unbalance your wheels and give you a very similar feeling to death wobble at speed.

hope you find out your cause ! good luck
cloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Tigggger
1995 ZJ 

It did the DW at 45mph. It was scary! I about s**t myself and don't care to do that while I'm in my jeep.
Unread 03-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #5
cloiselle
2001 WJ 

i'd check for mud unbalancing your tires, i went through the same thing today, after scraping off a few large clumps on the inside of my wheel with a wooden dolly' , no more wobble.

i was sure i broke something last night wheeling : (
cloiselle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #6
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead1986 View Post
From that thread:
I found some Jeep enthusiasts here locally that had done a lot of coil spring conversions on Wranglers and on Cherokees. They said they have had Death Wobble on the Cherokees almost every time they did a coil spring conversion.

I wonder how much they were charging to do the coil conversion in the front of the XJ's

Click this -->Think you can beat me?
StrokedWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.