Rear Wiper problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear Wiper problem

JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 12-17-2002, 06:16 PM   #1
Black96ZJ

Rear Wiper problem

The rear window wiper on my 96 Zj has stuck, "all the way to the left" its about 3 inches from the base of the window ( where it usual stops, and starts going back the other way). The squirter for fluid still works though. one of my friends said that it was probably a fuse that has blown. i looked in the engine compartment and couldnt find any fueses for this. is there another fuse box somewhere else on the car, if so can someone tell me where it is. Also, if it is not that, does anyone have an idea as to what the problem could be. thanks very much

- Daniel

Black96ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2002, 06:45 PM   #2
Camster

i have the same problem with mine. i've been told it's a faulty motor in some ZJ's and if you take it to the dealership they will replace it for free. i haven't acctually gone and gotten it fixed yet though. i'd say it's worth a try before you sweat too much. good luck!

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-18-2002, 03:35 PM   #3
ZJGuido
1998 ZJ 

rear wiper problem

there's another fuse box located on the passenger side of the car.Its under the dashboard, to the right, on the kick panel. There you can find fuses and relays. u can check there for the fuse.

--------------------------------
1997 Stone White ZJ Limited w/4.0
1989 White XJ Laredo w/4.0

My ZJ Limited
ZJGuido is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2002, 07:36 PM   #4
gcl97

Turn wiper switch ON, then try to open the liftgate, do the wiper goes into its original position?
gcl97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2002, 01:23 PM   #5
MJR

Pretty common for the rear wiper motor to go out. You could turn it on and help it by hand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.