Rear wiper motor misaligned - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear wiper motor misaligned

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955RCV Axles at CCOR15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #16
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnowak View Post
Take the wiper arm off of the motor. turn the motor on than off. that will put the motor in its bottom position. reinstall the wiper arm in the bottom(like when its off) position. should put the wiper back in time.
As long as the motor is running/reversing normally. Otherwise the relay or contacts are messed up.

The worm gear drives the yellow gear until the brass plate makes/breaks contact toggling the relay which reverses polarity on the motor to reverse directions. The registration is done by the position of the brass contacts, not by the relation between the two gears.

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #17
BlueDevil
1995 ZJ 

^that.
And I strongly suspect that the yellow gear (which I keep calling white, God only know why ) is not in the correct position in respect to the worm gear. It was taken off, and then returned in different position, so the brass plate is not @ the angle it originally was.

I'm trying to find images on the web of the wiper motor open, to see if I can assume the correct gear position. I presume they're all the same when they come from factory, meaning I could get lucky with just one good picture... Anyone? Bueller?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.