Rear wiper clip - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear wiper clip

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 06-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Skillet

Rear wiper clip

99 Grand Cherokee Limited

The little clip that holds the rear wiper away from the window broke off. Not sure what it is called. If you know what I mean, do you know where I can find one?

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
retroron
1995 ZJ 

i'd try the junkyard. or the dealer, they need all the money they can get
christian jeepclub#170
retroron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #3
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

I had to wait about a year until I could find a member here who was parting one out. Finally I got a note from member Cushe63 that he had one. Maybe he has another? You'll have to get the entire wiper arm as that little wiper arm "parker" is not available seperately. The entire arm comes off easily enough.

You might also have luck fabbing something up but I never did. Until you get it fixed, you might have success puting some clear tape that joins the base of the window back to the metal of the hatch so that the wiper arm has a "ramp" to the glass and does not get snagged by the base of the window each time it is turned on.
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
crashcraddock
2000 WJ 

I just replaced that with parts from the stealership. You have to replace the wiper arm, wiper arm cover cap(covers the nut that bolts on the wiper), and the wiper blade. You have to buy all this because they have updated the rear wiper arm. I tried not buying the blade because I had just replaced it, but the new arm requires it. All in all it was about $50, but the old wiper assembly was wearing the paint off my liftgate. I was quite ticked about all this, but my local salvage yard had no replacements, they give them away with the rear doors. Hope you can find one in a salvage yard, but the stealership is always willing to help.
crashcraddock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
242forme
1977 CJ5 

Rear wiper arm 1999-2004 WJ:

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/product...mber=5102882AA
242forme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
crashcraddock
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242forme View Post
But that looks like the updated one, may need other parts.
crashcraddock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
Double E
2000 Laredo V8

2000 WJ 

Looks like the old style to me...but I've not seen the new one either.

Wish I knew about that earlier....
Changes & fixes: Rear Addco sway bar & greasble bushings, upgraded headlights, upgraded tail lights, new hood struts (replaced 2X), new rear hatchglass struts, new radiator (replaced 3X), new oil pressure sending unit (replaced 4X), 2 new speed sensors, 2 new door lock actuators, new ignition key cylinder, chrome front tow hooks, Mobil 1 Synthetic 5/30, Purolator Pure One oil filter, EBC slotted & dimpled rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads, new front shocks (replaced 3X), new rear shocks (replaced 2X), new IRO steering stabilizer, new timing chain cover, new water pump, thermostat, new thermostat housing, new high pressure power steering hose, Michelin-X radials, new sunroof assembly, new single-piece lug nuts, new exhaust manifold studs & gasket on driver's side, new Durango alternator. Jeepforum.com sticker, Visit cobaltboatsforum.com when you can!
Double E is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

I have the wiper arm/parker available for $30 shipped.

Rampant Pack of Retards group president.
2000 WJ, 4.5l, AX15, 242 D60/14b, 5.5" lift front, 7.5" rear. Ford Expedition rear coils, Ram 350 shocks, JKS, IRO Long Arms, cool Badlands flag thingy.
1987 XJ - Gone but not forgotten
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.