rear upper control arm bushings replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rear upper control arm bushings replacement

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 08-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
itr1446

rear upper control arm bushings replacement

Well for awhile now my jeep has driven not the best since i lifted always felt alittle weird so today while replacing the fuel filter i looked at the upper a arm bushings and they are totally shot and torn. I was wondering if these are easy to do and i assume they get pressed in? But my other question is, is there better ones on the market like spherical bushings or something? If i had the cash i would be tempted to buy rear long arms but i havent seen anything in the classifieds lately and i cant afford new right now. so let me know what you think the best solution is and how they are in the arm thanks.

OME dual steering stabilizer
itr1446 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
SDT03GCOverland
2003 WJ 

I replaced my bushings (on my ZJ) and what I found helpful was to place the bushings in the freezer while you take your CA's off. This contracts the metal (Makes them slightly smaller) so they slip in MUCH easier. The first ones I did, lower bushings of the lower front CA's were MUCH harder since I had not thought of the freezer plan yet.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3369302
SDT03GCOverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.