rear tires, axel issue or question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rear tires, axel issue or question

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 10-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
Dukcaln

rear tires, axel issue or question

so I got new tires today, and got home and noticed that the rear tires were different as far as sticking out from the fenders. The passenger side rear sticks out about 1/2 inch past the fender and the driver side is flush with the fender. I didn't notice this with the old set of tires but with the new it is obvious, any issues as what it could be. the wheels are all the same with same back spacing and I will go out to make sure the tires are the same. I bought the wrangler dura trac tires, 31x10-50x15.

Weird is all I can say.

but on another not, the tires look and drive great

Unread 10-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
Sextiva
1996 ZJ 

You need to check your rear track bar.
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Dukcaln

ok, what would I be looking for and how to adjust? would the rear track bar if it has issues cause the rear to kinda sway back and forth depending on the road conditions? all info on rear track bar pleases, is it adjustable ect...........
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

cant adjust it if its stock. did you put in a lift without putting in a drop bracket or adjustable track bar?
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

its a bar with a bolt to the axel and to the uniframe holds it in place. keeps it from doing what it is now.
Unread 10-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

A. track bar is gone or broken off. B. bushings a gone. C. vehicle has been lifted inproperly. Your going to want to look at your control arm bushings after it must have a ton of stress on them wobbling back and fourth.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.