rear tail lights go out after towing a boat? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rear tail lights go out after towing a boat?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-21-2014, 01:55 PM   #16
V65Ozzie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegipper View Post
Just thought I would update this post.

I installed the powered tail light converter that I found on eBay and it fixed my problem.

Apparently those trailers I was towing were drawing too many amps for a unpowered tail light converter.

Still don't know why it was messing up the lights on my jeep but it doesn't do it any more....oh well

Thanks guys
Going through this right now, glad you got yours up and working....

Unread 05-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #17
lionshooter
1993 ZJ 

Update on 93 ZJ no brake lights:
GREMLINS! No other explanation. Cops stopped me and said my brake lights were out. I had replaced the LOM module a couple weeks ago and everything worked fine. Now, I have tail and blink but still no brake. When the incoming plug is disconnected from the LOM, all circuits check out fine. As soon as it is plugged in, the signal from the brake switch (white w/brown stripe wire) disappears. When I bypass the LOM and plug it up directly, the results are the same. So I jumpered a spare bulb directly to the incoming wire, it would not light the bulb, but it will light up the tester bulb.
I am absolutely stumped by this one. Meanwhile, the truck has an impound order on it if back on the road w/o brake lights. Wire the brakes to a separate relay that could be activated by the incoming brake signal?
lionshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #18
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

Ouch, that sucks... Hmm.. That would be an ok temp fix, though I doubt I'd run that more than very briefly.. That's a little out of my zone of work, I'll have to let someone else take lead
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.