Rear Springs/ Front BB vs BB w/ rear air bags - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear Springs/ Front BB vs BB w/ rear air bags

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #16
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unabashedpraise View Post
You used JKS front links as rear links?
Whoops no. Just in the front. The rear links are long enough at 2" that I didn't have to get longer ones.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #17
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

What are the limits of the rear links? You used them at 2", but is 2.5-3" too long for them?

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #18
nicklopic
1998 ZJ 

You'd probably be alright but you should get longer ones, they're 25 from IRO
Maybe even less from kolak
Unread 01-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

get some I6 coils off of a ZJ. they will work for about 3" of lift or a bit less and will level out with the trailer.

no need for track bar brackets etc. you won't be out enough to really notice.
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #20
unabashedpraise
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ View Post
get some I6 coils off of a ZJ. they will work for about 3" of lift or a bit less and will level out with the trailer.

no need for track bar brackets etc. you won't be out enough to really notice.
I6 coils in the front instead of the front isolators? I'm looking to keep the front suspension as stock as possible.

Help: Rear left lock doesn't lock using power locks, but will unlock. Any ideas?

-Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once.
unabashedpraise is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #21
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

No, I think he means I6 coils for the rear. I6 coils in the front wouldn't give you any lift at all, in fact you may even LOSE some height, as I think the V8 may be heavier.

As for as rear links, you can always get a set of Energy Suspension links from Autozone. Just figure out what size you want (say stock lenght + 2.5"), and look for the closest size. They have them right on the shelf in different lengths, IIRC the last time I looked at them they were under 20 bucks for the pair.

And FWIW, I ran stock rear links with the 1.75" spacers with no problems. The fronts, well they'll work, but the ball joint will wear quicker. You might want to convert to the earlier 93-95 style link with the rubber bushings on top. Easier to install, and cheaper to replace.I did it on my '97 and was glad I did. You just need to drill the taper out of the link mounting holes in the swaybar. On mine it took minimal drilling, in fact one side I didn't even need to drill at all.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.