Rear side window\vent leaking? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear side window\vent leaking?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 11-03-2008, 11:20 AM   #1
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Rear side window\vent leaking?

2000 WJ: I'm getting closer to my leak. My spare tire well has been filling up with water. Couldn't see how water was getting in there. After i washed the jeep this weekend the carpet in the rear driver side, right between the fuel filler hump and the back corner was soaked. Then running into the tire well. HAHA. So is the vent behind the rear side window real or decoration. How is the side window attached? Going to try to remove the interior pieces and hopefully a little silicone will seal things up.

Unread 11-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

I think the vents are real.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Okiejeep07
1999 WJ 

Have the same problem. I removed the rear interior panels off, no luck. Removed and reinstalled and sealed luggage rack and still no fix. I finally gave up and just learned to live with it. I'm leaning towards the rear vents, just haven't had the patients to remove them yet. Frustrating.
Okiejeep07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

The vents are real. I think they are clipped on. But behind them there are little rubber flaps. Also, the vents on the sides of the tail lights are real. If you take off the tail lights you can see the vents. Let me see if I can find how you remove the vents behind the window.

Edit: Here you go.

Unread 11-04-2008, 05:25 AM   #5
vosevichs
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks alot guys, Going to have to get in there this week and check it out. I'll let you know if I find anything Oke
Unread 11-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #6
mikelmco
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vosevichs View Post
Thanks alot guys, Going to have to get in there this week and check it out. I'll let you know if I find anything Oke

Did you find anything? How did the vent removals go?
mikelmco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
srode
2008 XK Commander 

I have the same leak in a 1999 grand - can't figure it out - anyone solve this one yet?
1969 Camaro Pace Car
1969 Camaro Hard top
91 Cherokee - sold at 188,000 miles, still runing great at 250k last report
srode is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #8
mcight
2000 WJ 

i think my leak is coming from the same place, checking tommorow to make sure
mcight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
boomer1717

same problem, 99 GC, my leak is coming from the rubber seal around the rear window, then comes down behind the panel (right by the latch to the window) all the way to the floor and ultimately drains in the spare tire well. just tried removing the entire rubber seal, resealed it with silicon and will see how it works tomorrow.....if you're having this problem, I'd recommend removing the back door panel and spraying the back with a hose and see if that is where it's coming from
boomer1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:41 AM   #10
RussOne
1997 ZJ 

That D-Pillar is the source of my leak. There is a drain hose that runs from it. When it rains, water leaks in from the D-Pillar but not through the hose. I myself, will attempt to remove this pillar to see how this leak is really materializing.
imag2855.jpg  
RussOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.