rear seat latch broken - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rear seat latch broken

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 08-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #1
duckys

rear seat latch broken

Hello, I just purchased a 99 limited. The rear seat the 60 of the 60/40 seat will not lay flat. The handle you pull to release the seat so it can lay does nothing and it will not disconect. Any ideas, i have tried searching to no avail. thanks guys.

duckys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:13 PM   #2
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

You have pulled forward the seat part before you pull on the seat back latch right?
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #3
duckys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
You have pulled forward the seat part before you pull on the seat back latch right?
yes that is correct, i pulled that forward, can see the amp and jack etc. you pull up on the little plastic handle right by the head rest and nothign happens.
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:17 PM   #4
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

You should see a cable that runs down from the latch to the pivot point of the seat...see if it is broken there. If not you should see where it latches. I am on my way home from work now; I'll take a pic of it if you can't find it.
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:32 PM   #5
duckys

First let me say thank you so much for you help. I see the cable and it runs all the way down, if you shake the handle it does move the wire at the bottom so i do not think it is broken, it does look as if it is streched out, if I compare the two sides it is almost an inch longer, I am not the first owner. there has been metal (clips) is best i can describe it that have been placed on it to make the pivot point tight but it did not solve the problem because they are loose and i can not tighten them, should i take them off and possible add a new one? Not sure if that makes sense.

On a side note are you a buffs fan? They are my second favortie team after the ducks, but good news for both of us, Rhett Bomar is kicked of the sooners team, we play them at home this year, we need to beat them.
Unread 08-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #6
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Can you take a pic of the metal clips?

I enjoyed going to buff games when I went to CU, but with all of the negative publicity the school has been getting the past few years my enthusiasm has been less and less
Unread 08-02-2006, 05:01 PM   #7
duckys

I took the pictures but am not the most computer savy and can not figure out how to post them. I belive i have to wait a 30 days and certin number of posts because i am new before i am allowed to post a pic. do you have an email i can send it to? if you want to send it in a private message that is cool, or i can send you mind first. thaks
Unread 08-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #8
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Post it on a place like photobucket.com or email it to ryan(AT)gu3.net

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.