Rear main seal repair? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear main seal repair?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-30-2002, 06:05 PM   #1
unreal33

Rear main seal repair?

Ok, this maybe totally insane but Iím thinking about purchasing some high temperature silicone to seal up my leaking rear main seal. bad idea? only problem is that the oil drips on my exhaust header and burns. The repair Iíve been told would run me close to 300 bucks, and since Iím on the college budget I need an alternative I think the silicone would work, and since the leak is fairly small, hopefully it would do the trick.
Thoughts, suggestions, criticism?

Thanks guys

unreal33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.