Rear main seal (motor) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear main seal (motor)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 05-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Tankmeister
1993 ZJ 

Rear main seal (motor)

My rear main seal at the motor has been leakin oil the past week and I can't afford for my shop to do it and have been wondering if someone has a process for it and what it entails. Any details or help would be great I've not done one before but I'm willing to try. Thanks!

1993 ZJ "Halftrack" - 4.0 with 4" Rough Country Lift and 31x10.50xR15 General Grabber AT^2's, Custom Limb Risers, Bumper Lights, Rubicon Express Double Shear Track-Bar, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, Crown HD steering setup, Black Widow roof basket.
Tankmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Tankmeister
1993 ZJ 

Nevermind found a write up! But any tips would be helpful!

Leak is coming from there, where the motor meets the trans, this is the rear main correct?
image-2257720906.jpg  
1993 ZJ "Halftrack" - 4.0 with 4" Rough Country Lift and 31x10.50xR15 General Grabber AT^2's, Custom Limb Risers, Bumper Lights, Rubicon Express Double Shear Track-Bar, Rancho Steering Stabilizer, Crown HD steering setup, Black Widow roof basket.
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

That's the right area. Could be a valve cover leak also. Feel the back of the head and see if it's wet back there.

Ken
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #4
Tankmeister
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensnelling
That's the right area. Could be a valve cover leak also. Feel the back of the head and see if it's wet back there.

Ken
It is leaking as well but not as bad as the rear main

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.