Rear lamp failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear lamp failure

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
lowdwn

Rear lamp failure

So this is a good one for you----that is driving me insane!!!!!

one day out of the blue, the message center starts blinkin at me "rear lamp failure". So I check all bulbs, and all bulbs are just fine-- So after searching on here, I found that if must still be a bulb somewhere- to make a long story short, every freakin bulb back there is now new-- including marker lights, tail lights, backup lights, signal... the 3 hatch lights, and the license plate marker lights.... and yes, they are the correct bulb number-types........ Driving me mad!! everytime I get in, start the Jeep up, press the brake pedal, I just want to scream!!!
is there anything else I can try?--

Another thing that has just started randomly started, is that when I start the jeep, the message center resets the the date/time etc..... and the strangest thing is that it only happens when the jeep has been sitting in the sun for awhile... NEVER does it in the morning... .. But anyway-- I'm sure that problem is battery related..

lowdwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #2
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

new battery or old battery?

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
ponsta

i got the same problem. just changed out the battery because i needed a new one. all my lights work. i just ignore it.
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
wmchurch

You replaced the bulbs but you didn't mention if all the lights work. I have a side marker out in my left rear, and even after replacement (2 times) and cleaning the socket it still won't light. One day I'll pull it out and really check it, but I was tired that day. :P
wmchurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #5
lowdwn

old battery still... and all the back bulbs light up-- I triple checked.. YES all them light up lol....
lowdwn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #6
PlatinumZJ
Senior Moment Member

1997 ZJ 

u gotum tired battery. get new.
Links: Kevin (AKA KOR) for ZJ & WJ stuff,
Kolak for performance stuff. I6 performance info at Dino's jeep 4.0 performance site
Other stuff: Kevin's Roof Rack. KOR sliders, Bored 62mm TB, Blaupunkt Bermuda w/ ipod, Brembo Slotted rotors,
OME steering stabilizer, H4 headlight upgrade...
PlatinumZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2006, 06:32 AM   #7
zjeepin
1997 ZJ 

I have the same problem battery is fine. I just ignore it. I think it has something to do with the way I spliced in my trailer lights package, cause thats when it started.
Custom Rack, 4 Roof Lights, Roof Back-up Lights
zjeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Decipticon

Could be that you have a bizarro VIC like I do. I get about every message that thing can throw at me. Only reliable ones anymore are the doors, washer fluid, and oil level. Everything else fires at will.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.