Rear lamp failure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear lamp failure

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 03-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
thumper450

Rear lamp failure

93 grand wagoneer info center in front of the shifter flashes and reads rear lamp failure but all the bulbs and lights are working. Is this just gremlins?

thumper450 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Gungnir
1990 YJ Wrangler 

mine does the same thing, i noticed that my socks havent been disapering from my dryer latley so i just figured the sock gremlins have relocated.
Unread 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #3
thumper450

Amen, that's what I was thinking if that's the only problem I got no worries. But then again it's a zj. LOL
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Did you check the center stop lamp bulbs? There's two. Could also be wrong bulb types.

To help isolate whether it's an actual lamp problem or a VIC problem (bad solder joints)... bypass the LOM (Lamp Outage Module).

Locate LOM behind small removable panel near lower-left corner of liftgate.

Bypass LOM by unplugging both connectors, then plugging them together.

If you still get the message, likely a VIC problem. If not, check bulbs again.

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
misfit77
1996 ZJ 

wrong bulbs. Stupid jeep uses wierd sizes. Ordered mine from amazon. local stores do not carry
misfit77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #6
ejschultz
Web Wheeler

1997 ZJ 

Your VIC probably needs to be resoldered. It's an easy job and there are some walkthroughs on here. If you search for them, you'll find them.
ejschultz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Check the small bulbs on the sides of the tail lights. There should be one per side.
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
thumper450

Thanks, I've checked all the bulbs and they all work properly

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.