Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Rear Hatch Permanent Fix?

794 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  CatAndTie 
#1 ·
I've rigged my rear hatch a few times now when it doesn't open and now it's stuck again... Anyone have a successful permanent solution??

#3 ·
Mine too will stick for a month at a time.
I hit on mine like the FONZE did .. & Sometimes I push in on it. ALSO I get someone the hit the unlock button as I pushing in on it or hitting it.
I've lubed mine but that hasn't been the permute fix.
.... THERE IS ONE OF THOSE GATES AT THE WRECKING YARD THAT has the rear glass that'll open & it;s the same color as my Moss Back ZJ . I plan to go buy it but money & Saturday morning time has been so short. I'D RATHER PULL IT OFF MYSELF. Or me & a friend because I know if his hand pulls it. Something will be jacked up.

#6 ·
I did almost exactly the same thing. The only difference is that I used two small zip ties in an x pattern. Too bad my lift gate is dented because of my procrastinating.

GW

#10 ·
... You GUYS don't have names for your ZJ's.. I've had 3 that were all the same pea green, my wife says their Brown but They are that ugly green gray/brown. I'm still driving one of them as my 4.0 daily driver. But I can't wait to get into this.. Dark Green jeep I call it Moss Back. It's the 5.2..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.