Rear feels like it is bottoming out! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear feels like it is bottoming out!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-20-2001, 10:43 PM   #1
95jeepL

Rear feels like it is bottoming out!

I have a 3" lift with 31 1/2" tires, when I hit even the smallest of dips, my rear hits hard and it feels like I bottom out. I've got fairly new shocks and I know that they aren't faulty. What could my problem be and how do I fix it?

95jeepL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2001, 04:16 PM   #2
Kess

i think the 31.5s are a wee too big for the zj wheel well, and that may be why it feels like it is bottoming out, rubbage

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2001, 07:31 PM   #3
turk

I just installed a teraflex 3Z (3") lift and I experience, on occasion, a similar problem. I have yet to go to larger tire size (currently 235/75 r15). I still have stock control arms on my vehicle and I was told by teraflex that that may be the problem. I would doubt you have stock arms with a 3" lift and 31" rubbers. However, pending what kinda of arms you have, they may influence the performance. Make sure all of the hardware on your control arms are secure. Check you spring retainers and make sure the springs are seated properly.

Just a few suggestions, I am far from an expert.

98 JGC Laredo 4.0, 3" lift, Rustys adjustable UCA's & LCA's, Custom K&N intake, high flow exhaust, Jet chip Stage 2 and 32x11.5 BFG TA's
turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2001, 02:59 PM   #4
mattvw65

I have installed a teraflex 3Z (3") lift and i to had the problem did you install your shocks up side down? take them off cycle them {up and down} then install right side up this fixed my problem hope this helps

Matt
96 zj
73 vw thing

cool quote

Put your seat belt on I want to try something!
mattvw65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.