Rear end suspension squeak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear end suspension squeak

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

Rear end suspension squeak

I've got a nasty squeaking that occurs when I hit pretty big bumps in the road. Something like the seam between two different age road surfaces doesn't cause it, but a bulge in the road a few inches high causes a quick squeak from the rear end. I've replaced the lower control arm bushings, shock absorbers, sway bar endlinks, and sway bar bushings. The only stock suspension components in the rear are the coil springs, upper control arm bushings, and the track bar. Any guesses to what causes it, or what I can grease up?

I should note than when I did the lower control arm bushings I just ran the bolts on there with an impact wrench, and I didn't use a torque wrench. I'm not in a position to torque them now due to a recent injury, but that doesn't makes sense as the cause of the squeak, at least in my head it doesn't make sense.

RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
RoldGold
1996 ZJ 

No ideas?
RoldGold is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.