rear door and window shocks - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rear door and window shocks

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #16
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay5309 View Post
Funny how after you change them, it's like you have super strength in your arms cause it lifts and stays by itself. Took me a month to get used to the fact I didnt have to dodge the gate after I grabbed my stuff...
You haven't learned the 'hold it up with your head' trick? Actually, my stock hatch struts still hold, but my rear window struts are fubar. I found that out the hard way earlier this year. They were fine, and then they weren't. I guess I hadn't used them over the winter so I didn't know! Gah, but that hurts coming down on your head! The metal latch is what hit me, too!

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
zander21510
Lord of Retro Machines

1995 ZJ 

the orginals on mine failed years and years ago...got new ones that lasted maybe a year now they're pretty feeble...they will hold it up but you have to get it up there, definitely get good quality ones if ur gonna get new ones.

i got smacked in the face by my dads new subaru tailgate, it comes up way fast on its own...the shocks on that thing almost seem too strong! More proof that car does not like me or my jeep lol
My ZJ Injector Swap HowTo
zander21510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #18
spur0701

My window shocks are still OEM, but the hatch ones have been replaced twice already on my 98 ZJ, the last set came from Advnaced Auto Zone and have been fine for the last year or so........
spur0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #19
KyBoy1991
1998 ZJ 

Well, mine wouldn't stay up at all, so I went the cut off broom handle route and stuck it in the webbing of the tail light then pushed it up against the hatch to hold it open. Sucks taking it out when ya got arm loads of ***** and don't wanna make another trip outside to close it down.LOL
KyBoy1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.