Rear Bumper Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rear Bumper Problem

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-21-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
JasonHudsonGC95

Rear Bumper Problem

My buddy was stuck so i was pulling him out and i gave him a little tug and my whole hitch assembly ripped out of the unibody at the rear. so now i have no rear bumper and no rear hitch. i want to build a new bumper for it but i can weld it on because the rear unibody is pretty rotten. where the hitch use to bolt on the unibody ripped its not there no more so how can i bolt this new bumper on my jeep

JasonHudsonGC95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

If the unibody is ripped you are out of luck. Especially if "a little tug" ripped out the unibody rails, hitch and bumper.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Minivan
2001 WJ 

Maybe you could bolt on a new jeep to your bumper?
Unread 07-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
sadass
5.9,242,4.56,Aussies x 2

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minivan View Post
Maybe you could bolt on a new jeep to your bumper?

That's about It if you want a functional hitch, Your lucky you don't own an XJ , I had one pull me out this past weekend and it broke where you stated but the xj rear leaf mounts back behind the break and the whole axle is shifted now. I have pics if needed!
sadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Minivan
2001 WJ 

^^^ I had a buddy that used his "frame" as a recovery point (in his defense, he had to. four trucks daisy chained to the stuck chevy 1 ton in water saturated sand. the pics were pretty crazy.) but needless to say, it ripped it open like a sardine can. The funny part was that he had a hitch in his garage, just missing the hardware.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.