rear brake questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > rear brake questions

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-31-2003, 11:08 PM   #1
f14x4

rear brake questions

ok i got a 96 i6 4.0....
i just put new rotors and pads in front and back
but when i did the back i noticed there seems to be pads that go inside the rotors for the e-brake that seem to be set up as if they were drum brakes, and i also noticed they were worn down to the metal, which is why my e-brake wont hold. i went to pep boys and they had no clue what i was talkin about. i guess im gonna go to jeep monday but i wanted to ask first.

Unread 06-02-2003, 05:52 PM   #2
Stocker

I think you answered your own question...

They are for the parking brake. Yours are worn out. You need new ones. You knew that, and Pep Boys needs better trained employees!
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:17 PM   #3
f14x4

thanx...i wasnt sure if the guy was right and i was crazy or it was just me....im gonna try to find a place where i can order them online b4 i go to the stealership

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.