ready for 8.8..what would/did you do? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > ready for 8.8..what would/did you do?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #31
srieger
1995 ZJ 

Thanks alot guys! Im thinking of starting with a open carrier just incase i want to lock it eventually, ive found a couple 8's with lsd's but if its going to be a pain down the road to lock it, and the stock lsd is garbage i dont see the benefit. Ive actually started reading in random google searches that the lp d30 is actually decently strong even with a lunchbox in it. Any thoughts? Is it worth a hp swap or will the lp hold up? Very rarely do i actually need to throw it in 4wheel. And when i have to i normally just have to apply a little pressure on the gas to pull myself up or out. Being my dd at the moment i try to avoid damaging things if i can help it lol

srieger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 06:23 AM   #32
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

I wouldn't swap in a hp30 just to swap it. If you have to regear or break a lp 30 then replace with a HP....
Unread 06-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #33
JakeC132
1995 ZJ 

When i got mine i welded the tubes the same time i welded the artec truss on. Truss is awesome. I re-geared to 4.56 and threw in a locker. Since i was re-gearing i changed all the bearings and seals while i was in there. Brakes were cheap enough. Got calipers, rotors, and pads for $110!!
JakeC132 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:33 AM   #34
srieger
1995 ZJ 

Ok so thinking of just keeping the hp30 for backup and just swapping the 8.8 in since like i said i rarely use 4wheel. This way i have a strong dependable main drive axle and if something happens to go on the lp30 i have a upgrade on hand.
Unread 06-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #35
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Wheel it till you break it, weld it back together, repeat.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #36
srieger
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Wheel it till you break it, weld it back together, repeat.
I like your motto lol its probably whats going to end up happening lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.