read this, sorry to say not all jeepers respect one another!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > read this, sorry to say not all jeepers respect one another!!!

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-30-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
mikkjroverland

read this, sorry to say not all jeepers respect one another!!!

so today i was heading westbound on palatine rd in palatine, IL. then some jerk driving a 1997 or 1998 black GC limited with gold trim and an illinois lisc. plate starting with a 1 and ending with 7 started to tail gate me, honking the horn, and tried to run me off the road. after not being successful in passing me due to on coming traffic he started to throw coins at my new jeep, scratching the top of my 2002 GC overland. at this point i was already on the phone with 911, and i pulled over to let him pass. he got about 1/2 mile ahead and a few cars between us. 911 then said they would not do a thing with out his plates. so then i chassed this punk down and got his plates and filed a police report. needless to say he will soon put "criminal damage to property" on his resume, along with reckless driving. i was at the palatine, IL police station when we found coins on top of my jeep and on the front floor, they came in through the sunroof. i did not a dam thing to this guy, just drove my jeep and before this all started i looked in my rearview mirror and thought, hmm, thats a nice zj behind me, then it all started. if i would post here what i would do to this punk if he pulled over when i first did, i would get kicked off of jeepforum.com. lets just say im 6'3" tall, 200lbs. and well that should be enough, sorry to say not all people that own jeeps should., but, i guess thats why im in the army national guard, to make this a free country, so even these punks can drive like that and disrespect my ride. its a jeep thing, he just didnt understand.

[COLOR=navy]fully loaded, and then some. it does everyting but wipe your @ss. [/COLOR] K&N FIPK,
Borla Cat-Back, Yakima Load Warrior custom lo profile mount, JL audio stealthbox and amp.
Old man Emu HD springs lift, OME SS,
OME shocks, 265/65/17 Bridgestone revo's
1"Rear/1.5"Front spacers=~3"lift
mikkjroverland is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2003, 10:48 PM   #2
nomad6

dude that sucks

sorry to hear that happened. sounds like you kept your cool, at least a lot better than i would have. he'll get his due even if the cops don't get'em. its karma man. it'll come back around and bite him in the ***. 'til then-peace

All who Yonder are not lost !
nomad6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2003, 11:45 PM   #3
EricsXJ
The Post man

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yes that does suck! Even though this guy was driving a jeep, I don't think he is a "jeeper", because obviously a jeeper wouldn't do that to another jeep or any other vehicle on the road. It could be possible that the dude stole the jeep too, or maybe its a rental and he's driving on crack. You never know, strange things like that are common.

EricsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2003, 05:19 AM   #4
mikkjroverland

exactly, karma, what comes around goes around. if i was still driving my old 91 chevy caprice we would have one less 98 black gc on the road, and i would sitting in jail for sure
[COLOR=navy]fully loaded, and then some. it does everyting but wipe your @ss. [/COLOR] K&N FIPK,
Borla Cat-Back, Yakima Load Warrior custom lo profile mount, JL audio stealthbox and amp.
Unread 07-31-2003, 05:54 AM   #5
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

You did the right thing.. Way to maintain composure.

OF course I would probobly have lobbed a handgrenade out the sunroof at them.. BUt thats just me..

One day I hope to grow up and have better control over my emotions..
Unread 07-31-2003, 10:23 AM   #6
96Limited

he'll get his eventually...
>>work in progress<<

[FONT=lucida sans unicode][B][SIZE=2][color=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #54[/color] [/SIZE] [/B] [/FONT]

[FONT=lucida sans unicode][B][SIZE=2]Certain Death Jeep Club Member #9[/SIZE] [/B] [/FONT]

[B][COLOR=red][SIZE=3]NE[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=white][SIZE=3]Off[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=blue][SIZE=3]Roading[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

+There Is Only One Jeep+
96Limited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2003, 07:59 PM   #7
whitevette

All jeepers are people, but not all people are jeepers.
Gotta keep in mind that not all people who buy a Jeep are into the whole 'Jeeper' thing, but they're still people and people have this vicious habit of being pricks. In the end it doesn't matter what he was driving, as he was still an idiot. You can't stereotype all Jeep driving people in the 'Jeeper' crowd as it'll come back to bite you emotionally as it did in this case.

Sorry to hear about your truck but it's good to hear this didn't turn into a two sided road rage incident.
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2003, 10:45 PM   #8
crazycuban226

ROAD RAGE

I LIVE IN MIAMI AND LET ME TELL YOU WE HAVE ROAD RAGE DOWN HERE I RECENTLY HEARD ON A SURVEY THAT MIAMI WAS THE WORSE THAN ANY WHERE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY, ITS HILARIOUS I'LL DRIVE HALF AN HOUR AWAY FROM MIAMI AND YOU START SEEING THE DIFFERENCE, I GO TO THE KEYS THERE'S ONLY ONE MAIN ROAD DOWN THROUGH ALL THE KEYS AND YOU CAN TELL THE MIAMIS FROM EVERYONE ELSE CAUSE THEY'RE THE ONES'S TRYING TO PASS EVERYONE ELSE!! THEN YOU GOT THESE LITTLE @$$% W/ THERE LITTLE IMPORTS FLYING DOWN THE STREETS AND ITS EVEN WORSE NOW BECAUSE OF THE 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS MOVIE (BASED IN MIAMI)
Unread 08-01-2003, 06:18 AM   #9
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I've got jeepers in my own neighborhood that don't even wave. The ones that do even wave at you when you are just out in the yard.

Those are the kind that give a care.

The Hamptonroads area drivers just plain suck. They don't merge, use turn signals, accelerate

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2003, 08:48 AM   #10
MFairbourn

I propose a background check before being able to buy a jeep, just to keep them out of the Hands of JERKS like that!
MFairbourn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #11
mikkjroverland

yea i agree all jeepers are people and not all people are jeepers, whatever. i dont care if it was some highschool punk driving his honda civic with the "i have a baseball card taped to my wheels so my car sounds like crap" exhaust, what this @ss did was wrong, he's lucky. very lucky. he had no idea if i had a gun, or was some crazy guy that would have caused an accident. speaking of road rage, try, just try to drive in the chicago area, suburbs, or on any of the expressways here. its an experience.
Unread 08-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #12
mikkjroverland

hey texas, i just checked out the link to your rig, nice, my overland will be there soon, it needs to get some lift.
Unread 08-01-2003, 06:28 PM   #13
kbohip

That guy is a real *** hole! I don't care if you even did do something that would piss him off, he shouldn't have been throwing stuff at you. I do agree though that he'll get his. I hope you got the license plate number so you can make him pay for any damage he did.

I think I would have gone ballistic on him had he done that to my Overland!
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.