Re: Suspension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Re: Suspension

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 09-03-2002, 10:09 PM   #1
crazycuban226

Re: Suspension

GETTING A NEW JEEP & ITS ONCE AGAIN TIME TO ASK THE JEEP
GODS & SELL MY SOUL TO THE OFF-ROAD SHOP SO HERE WE GO
IM GETTING A 94 6CYL 4X4 ZJ MY ? IS THIS I BEEN BOUNCING ALL OVER AOL LOOKING FOR A SUSPENSION BUT ALL I FIND IS 3"-3.5" SUSPENSIONS & 4.5" THAT COST $1300!! NOW I MAKE PRETTY GOOD MONEY BUT THIS IS NUTS (THAT & MY GIRLFRIEND WASNT W/ ME WHEN I DID UP MY WRANGLER YET I'M STILL GETTING *****ED @ FOR WASTING THAT MUCH MONEY IN IT) WELL ANYWAY I WAS LOOKIN @ THE R.E. PARTS DEPT. & I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING THE 4.5" SPRINGS BY THEMSELVES FOR $600 RATHER THAN BY THE KIT ALL AT ONCE NOW IF I BUY JUS THE SPRINGS @ FIRST I KNOW THE SHOCKS CAN WAIT BUT WHAT THE CONTROL ARMS & ALL THAT WILL I STILL FIT 33"S W/ COIL SPACERS B-4 I BUY THE CONTROL ARMS OR IS IT GOING TO DRIVE LIKE HELL ON WHEELS (I.E.MY WRANGLER)

crazycuban226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2002, 11:18 PM   #2
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

If I remember right, RockReady makes a 8" lift for the ZJ. Its a sub-frame system .. but would really give you some room for big meats!
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2002, 09:31 PM   #3
JeepHippy

Good luck

As said, lifting a ZJ is a serious business, I have had two ZJs so far. You have to ask yourself if you really want to lift this thing for show or to wheel the hell outta it.... For show, go with a complete RE 4.5", I have some contacts that can get it cheaper than 1300. You can also look at Rustys 4" lift, www.rustysoffroad.com this lift has been reported to bring around 4.5" of actual lift. While the RE kit lifts more like 5.5". If you want to go hardcore with your ZJ then we are talking some serious money....you will need adjustable control arms to run over 5" of lift, or you could always go for long arms... check out www.rockkrawler.com for one of the only long arm KITS on the market. Also the RockReady 8" lift kit is actually for the XJ Cherokee. PM me if you need anymore advice. Later on.

-Evan
JeepHippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2002, 11:33 PM   #4
crazycuban226

well i checked out rustys & they have a 3" kit that looks like its missing stuff and the rock krawler is too much what im proably gonna do is save up for the suspension or just buy the other accessories before the suspension

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.