RE lift part II, previous thread was hijacked :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > RE lift part II, previous thread was hijacked :)

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #1
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

RE lift part II, previous thread was hijacked :)

Anyway, so far this is the best deal fo RE I could find out there:
Free s+h and they offer "free" DT 3000
http://www.redrock4x4.com/shop/products/247.html
Are there any better deals you guys know of?
Do I need adjustable Rear Track Bar with 3.5 RE?

Last edited by zaq123; 04-13-2005 at 03:32 PM..
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2005, 03:54 PM   #2
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

With mine I did front adj. track bar. In the rear we did new adjustable track bar bracket - just the bracket.

Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Gerard
With mine I did front adj. track bar. In the rear we did new adjustable track bar bracket - just the bracket.

Phil
Where did you get yours, Phil? and how much if that's not a secret?
Thx
Unread 04-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #4
theone13

You can get front and rear adj track bars from Kevinsoffroad. Rear is $135 and front is $195. I went with Kevin's track bar conversion up front and I'll be putting it all on this weekend. Look in my sig. to see what all's going in. I'll let ya know how everything goes and maybe give a little more advice at that point.

'95 ZJ Laredo 4.0L 4x4 : Stolen

kevinsoffroad.com
theone13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

You're going to want some front swaybar discos. The RE ones are cheap and easy but can be a little clanky. The JKS ones or the RE second generation discos are better.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2005, 05:20 AM   #6
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

My RE Kit was purchased and installed by OKAuto4Wheel Drive. I didn't get any bargain, I basically paid the same price you did with no shocks thrown in!
Now, I do have some advice with front swaybar disco's and Hunter's recommendations. I have had trouble with my RE Gen2 Disco's. The driver side bolt has come loose a few times and I actually lost it when wheelin 2 weekends ago and RE still hasn't gotten the replacement bolt and sleeve to me. I would not do RE Gen2's again. Go with the JKS's. I am more disappointed with their lack of service than the fact that now they recommend using red locktite on the bolt!
Good Luck,
Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2005, 12:18 PM   #7
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

thanks guys. nice to know ahead of time what problems are

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.