RB1 Nav system - iPod connection works - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > RB1 Nav system - iPod connection works

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 06-27-2005, 08:07 AM   #1
JeepSR

RB1 Nav system - iPod connection works

Finally, an iPod integrated unit that works with my RB1 Nav system in my '04 GC Overland (they said it wouldn't work). Neo Ion has an easy to install (did it myself) kit that works great.

JeepSR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:21 AM   #2
01grander

Sounds good can you use cd player controls or do you have to use the ipod? Also if you can use the radio do you only have a certain ammount of playlists that you can use? Some of the units that hook up an ipod will only let you have a limited number of playlists that you can access from the radio. I wish i had an ipod but i just bought a ARB from a guy and im broke right now. What kind of ipod do you have?
Plenty of Hellas.
01grander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:35 AM   #3
JeepSR

Yes, I can use the cd player controls, including the steering wheel mounted controls. I can change selections w/o using the iPod by using the CD controls. However, there is no info on the screen that shows what song or playlist is playing. In fact, that is the downside, the screen alternately flashes between 1:00 & 2:00. I'm told that is caused by the fact the stereo can't read the time from the iPod. No matter, great sound and functionality is what I wanted.
Unread 06-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #4
JeepSR

FYI - I have a 3rd Gen 20M iPod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.